Sunday 22 March 2015

Gousto Review



Gousto

Gousto was started in 2011 by two friends who share a passion for food and cooking,both Timo and James loved cooking but didn't have much time to go looking in various grocery shops-they found it difficult  to cook recipes from online sites or follow along cooking shows.One day Timo and James decided that there must be some way to make life easier and the idea Gousto was born,they started by sharing their first recipes at market stalls and from there the concept has grown into what you know it as today.







Gousto Review

Gousto,one box with everything you need to make delicious meals,no need to pop to the shop to grab ingredients,no need to measure things out as it is all handpicked and measured for you

As a family of 7 we always struggle to find healthy yet nutritious meals that everyone will enjoy,we have recently started to meal plan so when we saw Gousto we thought that looks like a swell idea not to mention the meals themselves look good!

Gousto very kindly sent us a box with ingredients handpicked specifically to make 3 delicious meals.The box arrived very promptly with everything  well packaged and wrapped in wool insulation along with added ice packs to help keep everything fresh. we had recipe cards with instructions step by step on how to cook the meal on the back and a picture of the finished meal and ingredients needed on the front. I liked how all the packets were labelled as being a newbie at cooking I would of really struggled knowing what was what without it so this along gets a + from me.

The Meals Themselves.

I love the cards and the images and the fact that it's step by step I did however go wrong on a few occasions as I got lost on when exactly to put things on or off so some bits cooked faster than others,I managed to save it by lowering the temperature while waiting for the rest to finish cooking however I do feel that timings need to be clearer for example if you have to cook the first item for 10 minutes before adding the next maybe during this time prepare but state 10  minutes till it goes on.

The prices of a Gousto box is £34.99 for 2 people or £49.99 for 4 people they also have  a introductory discount of £15.00 off the RRP prices and you get to pick the meals you want. To be honest the cost of the boxes is my biggest problem with Gousto purely as even though I loved the meals and how fresh all the ingredients was and the fact they are especially handpicked and measured out to the right size I know for a fact I could never afford them even with £15.00 off.If I could afford it though then it is definitely something I would do  as I would love the extra stress and strain from the extra shopping and measuring off not to mention when you normally buy ingredients for a set meal there is always something not in stock and if like me you don't drive then that is really not a good thing!


We really liked the meals however our favorite by far had to be the Steak & Creamy Leek Mash. We cant wait to cook this one again!

















Final thoughts:


  • Gousto is a great idea,especially good for those that are short on time and with enough money to splurge n the luxury of getting your meals picked for you.
  • fresh food delivered straight to your door
  • really well packaged
  • needs clearer step by step instructions,timings in paticular


5 comments:

  1. A family of 7?! WOW that's amazing. And this box seem good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup we have 5 kids feels more like 10 at times though as 2 have special needs :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great review. I agree it does some quite pricey, however. If you're a savvy shopper then you could quite easily get these ingredients for half the price. I think companies like this focus more on convenience than anything else. Regardless it looks like you made some delicious meals out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, meant to say "seem quite pricey" - not enough coffee this morning!

      Delete
  3. These are great boxes! If I had the money I would get one every week....hehehe Great review x

    ReplyDelete

my mini Superhero's

my mini Superhero's