What you will need for 4 people:
- 3 large cooking apples(when using cooking apples add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar per apple+ for extra taste add 1/2 spoonful of cinnamon before topping with the crumble mixture)
- 3 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 125g plain white flour
- 75g butter
- 25g demerara sugar
- 50g porridge oats
- ovenproof dish
- peel,core and slice the cooking apples and put them at the bottom of the oven proof dish
- sprinkle with caster sugar and water
- mix the flour,butter and brown sugar until they are like breadcrumbs.
- stir in the oats and put the mixture on top of the apples.
- bake at 190C for 40-45 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly then serve with custard,cream or vanilla ice-cream